Getting tickets to Augusta National to watch the Masters might not be on the menu but you can easily bring a little taste of the festivities home. In preparation for your Masters viewing party be sure to include one of the most famous sandwiches ever to be put together on two slices of bread, the Pimento Cheese Sandwich.
The true recipe has remained a mystery but after some research here is a pretty good stab at getting a close version. Agree or disagree, true recipe or not… it’s definitely an acquired taste.
– 3 cups of shredded white cheddar cheese
– 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
– 4 oz of crumbled blue cheese
– 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
– 4 oz jar of drained pimentos (you can find these near the olives at the grocery)
– 1 cup of light mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
– white bread (I used sourdough since I’d personally prefer that)
– Add all ingredients to one bowl
– Stir until creamy (think of it as a cheese egg salad sandwich minus the egg)
– Chill in the refrigerator until nice and cool
– Add to two slices of white bread for official experience (again, I went with sourdough)
Not going to lie, this is not a sandwich I would normally eat and may never eat again, but it’s worth the experience to feel like you’ve brought a little Augusta National home.
Not a SOCAL Golfer member yet?