This serves as a simple PSA – if you or someone you know has a substance abuse problem we urge you to seek help.
Earlier this week our favorite golf commentator on the PGA Tour, David Feherty, lost his son to a drug overdose. Feherty himself is a recovering alcoholic who has openly discussed his own struggles. Her shared via Twitter, “My first born son is gone from me, dying from an overdose on his 29th birthday. Bless his sweet heart, I will fight on.”
The reason for us taking a moment to discuss this is because unfortunately many tie together substance abuse and golf. It’s not uncommon for golfers to consume alcohol while enjoying a round but we urge you to choose alternative means of transportation afterwards if you find yourself unable legally to drive home.
Here are a few links we think are important to share:
- Southern California Addiction Center: https://southerncaliforniaaddictioncenter.com/
- Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc.: http://www.scadpinc.org/home0.aspx
- Reviews and Ratings of Southern California Programs: http://www.recovery.org/browse/california/
- Uber: https://www.uber.com
- Lyft: https://www.lyft.com
Thank you for your attention!